The Department of Transportation just announced that work will begin next week on bringing down the Casey Overpass and replacing it with a network of surface roads. Click through for a list of the jobs expected to start next week.
Here’s the notice the DOT sent out late Friday afternoon:
Barletta Heavy Division, the Casey Arborway Contractor is tentatively scheduled to begin some preliminary work next week.
Please see below a list that you may see beginning next week
Enabling / Start-Up Work Items Tentatively Scheduled For Next Week
- Survey / Control
- Set -Up Office
- Mobilize Equipment and Material
- Erosion Controls
- Set-up Jersey Barriers – no traffic detours or lane takings
- Begin Tree Protection along the Arborway
- Perform CCTV Inspection of MWRA Section 72 Sewer
- Perform CCTV Inspection of Stoney Brook Culvert
- Setup VMS Boards and Temp Traffic Notification Signage
The massive project, which will remake Forest Hills for generations to come, was originally planned to take about two and a half years. A public meeting is set for Jan. 21 at which a new timeline may be made public.