Hi neighbors, this is Chris Helms, publisher of Jamaica Plain News. I have some exciting news to share about this site.
My longtime colleague and friend David Ertischek, a well-known Boston journalist who has lived in JP for nearly 15 years, will be running Jamaica Plain News day-to-day.
I’ll still be involved with Jamaica Plain News, which I founded in April 2014. But I have a 9-to-5 job now in addition to Jamaica Plain News, so I’m bringing in help.
David and I will keep evolving Jamaica Plain News into a site and platform to benefit the neighborhood and help local businesses and organizations reach residents.
We’re happy with the growth our site has shown since our launch a year-and-a-half ago. A few stats:
- The site draws about 20,000 unique visitors each month.
- We reach 763 subscribers with our weekday morning email newsletters.
- Our Facebook page has 1,182 followers, making it one of the neighborhood’s largest.
- More than 2,500 people follow us on Twitter.
We’ve also had the pleasure of conducting ad campaigns for local businesses and nonprofits, including:
- Tropical Foods
- Vargas & Vargas Insurance
- Boston Building Resources
- The Footlight Club
- The Boston Home Team
- The Jamaica Plain Music Festival
Thanks again for reading and being a part of of the neighborhood we love!