Unattended Candle Caused Saturday’s Centre Street Fire

CYVDVE6WQAAkj0s

The three-alarm fire that led to the evacuation of the Pondview Apartments on Centre Street Saturday night was caused by an unattended candle, the Boston Globe reports.

From the Globe:

Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said on Sunday that the fire caused $50,000 in damages. No injuries were reported, he said, though one person was transported to the hospital as a precaution.

Most of the apartment tower’s occupants have returned home, MacDonald said, except three residents who were in the apartment where the fire originated.

Displaced residents were initially brought to a nearby community center for shelter.

CYVEOrJWMAEpel-

Boston firefighters respond to a fire at the Pondview Apartments on Centre Street Saturday night. The damaged unit can be seen in the lower righthand corner.

CYVDwQTWsAA2zwC