The city of Boston is holding a three-day Help for Houston Drive starting Tuesday through Thursday and residents are being asked to contribute items to those impacted by Hurricane Harvey in Texas. There are numerous locations to bring donations, including City Hall and two community centers in Jamaica Plain.
“Our thoughts are with the people of Texas. So many are struggling during this challenging time. As we have done in other emergencies and which has been done for us, Boston will step up and help through the darkest hours,” said Mayor Martin Walsh. “I’ve made it clear to the mayor of Houston that Boston is here for them. Let’s come together as a city, contribute in any way we can, and show Houston that they have Boston’s full support.”
Please donate new clothing and blankets, toiletries, diapers, baby formula and non-perishable food items at multiple locations in Boston:
- City Hall (3rd Floor Lobby & 5th Floor Mayor’s Office Lobby)
- 1010 Massachusetts Ave (5th Floor)
- Bolling Building, 2300 Washington St., Roxbury (1st Floor Lobby)
- 26 Court Street (1st Floor Lobby)
- Boston Centers for Youth and Families HQ, 1483 Tremont St., Roxbury
- Boston Centers for Youth and Families sites, including the Curtis Hall Community Center and the Hennigan Community Center in Jamaica Plain
For more information please visit boston.gov/helpforhouston.