- This event has passed.
Detecting and Preventing Accounts Payable Fraud
July 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$145.00
This webinar will provide a practical overview of the most common and costly forms of AP fraud today and then focus on the best ways to both detect and prevent such crimes. Case studies will be cited to help illustrate key points.
Emphasis will be placed on the practical, “how-to” steps for early detection of red flags of AP fraud and the corresponding anti-fraud controls that, when properly implemented, will materially reduce the organization’s risk of falling victim to both internal and external AP fraud.
The Webinar will conclude with an introductory discussion about continuous controls monitoring and continuous auditing-two key components of long-term fraud risk mitigation.
Why should you Attend: Accounts Payable (AP) is the one business process that, in most organizations, is more vulnerable to fraud than any other. That is because virtually all funds that flow out of the organization must first pass through AP. And as we all know, fraudsters know all too well how to concentrate their illegal efforts where the money is most plentiful and most available.
Result: It is more important than ever for management to focus professional and financial resources to identifying and eliminating any anti-fraud control weaknesses in the AP process
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Understanding the leading types of accounts payable (AP) fraud
- Most common AP fraud control failures to beware of
- How to detect the red flags of key AP fraud schemes
- Training your employees to detect, prevent and report AP fraud
- How to implement proven anti-fraud controls in Accounts Payable
Who Will Benefit:
- Internal and External Audit Professionals
- Accounting and Audit Practitioners
- Senior Financial Management seeking to reduce their vulnerability to costly frauds
- Payables Managers
- Procurement Managers
- Compliance and Ethics Managers
- CFO’s/senior Financial Managers
- Security Personnel
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
Not-for-profits post their events for free.
We ask businesses to pay $5 per event, but waive that fee as a benefit for advertisers.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here's the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there's a problem!
Please go ahead and submit your event — if you are a business, we will be in touch about your $5 fee. Or you can go ahead and pay your $5 fee via PayPal.