- This event has passed.
Developing HIPAA Policies and Procedures Webinar By MentorHealth
September 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am$139
Overview: Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies and procedures in place. A HIPAA Risk Management plan is your overall policies and procedures manual. If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary policy and procedure documentation in place to address all the required safeguards. If audited by HHS, being able to demonstrate HIPAA compliance will involve providing many of these policies and procedures. Having a fundamental understanding of a HIPAA compliance helps to know what is required to implement those policies and procedures.
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand how develop, maintain and modify HIPAA policies and procedures, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
Why should you Attend: For anyone tasked with managing a HIPAA compliance program, it is critical to have the comprehensive policies and procedures in place. Find out how to create policies and procedures or see if your current ones address all the required topics.
Attendees will leave the course clearly understanding of all the requirements for developing, maintaining and modifying HIPAA policies and procedures. After completing this course, those assigned this task will have a clear understanding for what needs to be place when it comes HIPAA policies and procedures.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Why was HIPAA created?
- Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Compliance Program?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What is meant by “Required” and “Addressable” Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- What HIPAA Policy and Procedures need to be in Place?
- How to Implement HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/lawyer
- Practice Management Consultants
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information
- IT Companies that support Medical/Dental practices or other healthcare organizations
Mr. Hodes has been the keynote speaker and provided presentations regarding HIPAA compliance to a number of professional healthcare organizations. He has published over 30 educational articles regarding HIPAA compliance, been featured in Part B news articles and provided a guest post for the Electronic Health Reporter.
Phone No: 1-800-385-1607
Webinar Sponsorship Opportunity: https://www.mentorhealth.com/control/webinar-sponsorship
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
Not-for-profits post their events for free.
We ask businesses to pay $5 per event, but waive that fee as a benefit for advertisers.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here's the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there's a problem!
Please go ahead and submit your event — if you are a business, we will be in touch about your $5 fee. Or you can go ahead and pay your $5 fee via PayPal.