- This event has passed.
Employee Engagement: Keeping your Workforce Motivated to Improve Results
August 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$145.00
Why should you Attend: Do your employees jump out of bed each morning excited to come to work? When they’re at work are they totally absorbed in what they’re doing? According to a ton of research, the answer is, unfortunately, “probably not.” Employee engagement is about building an environment where employees are fully absorbed by their work, enthusiastic about achieving their goals, and consistently take action to further the organization. A fully engaged employee is willing to go the extra mile because she cares about the organization’s well-being. He puts his entire mind, body and soul into work when he’s on the clock.
So if you have employees who work hard or put in long hours, can you say they are engaged? Not necessarily. Plenty of people hate their jobs but work long hours because they think they have to in order to receive a paycheck. If people don’t like their jobs they are peddling the wheels to get by, but they aren’t taking your organization to the next level.
Engaged employees work hard, but they are also satisfied with their jobs and experience high levels of morale, commitment, motivation, and loyalty. In turn, your organization experiences high levels of retention, productivity, innovation, attendance, customer satisfaction, and a good reputation. It’s safe to say that organizations who focus on engagement are probably outperforming competitors who don’t. So how do you know if employees are engaged, and what they need to become engaged if they aren’t?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Define employee engagement and what it means in your organization
- Create and implement an employee engagement survey
- Implement a strategic plan for employee engagement and positive workplace culture
- Learn best practices in giving praise, empowering employees, and setting expectations
- Develop tools that will help employees see that you value them
- Understand how to work with employees to create stretch goals, and coach employees through success
- Create and implement techniques to increase trust within the organization
- Work with employees to help them find the meaning in their work
- Implement tips and techniques to create a positive workplace environment
- Develop creative ways to offer professional development to your employees
Learning Objectives: Employee engagement doesn’t have to be a rainbow – it doesn’t have to be something you forever chase but will never reach. Truth is, there is a ton of research on how to increase employee engagement, and this webinar will sum it all up for you. Understand how to build engagement by:
- Showing employees you value them
- Giving them challenging work
- Building positive relationships
- Building trust between leaders and employees
- Creating a positive work environment
- Reminding employees why their work matters
- Providing the opportunity to grow professionally
- Offering meaningful rewards
The webinar will also provide several vignettes along the way, to demonstrate how powerful the impact a focus on employee engagement can be.
Who Will Benefit:
- HR Professionals
- Business Consultants
- Business Owners
- Leaders, Directors, Managers and Supervisors
- Employee Relations
- Union representatives or members
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
Not-for-profits post their events for free.
We ask businesses to pay $5 per event, but waive that fee as a benefit for advertisers.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here's the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there's a problem!
Please go ahead and submit your event — if you are a business, we will be in touch about your $5 fee. Or you can go ahead and pay your $5 fee via PayPal.