- This event has passed.
Investing in Discovery: 2017 Food Tank Summit Boston
April 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$399.00
Food Tank, in collaboration with the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University and Oxfam America, is excited to announce the inaugural Boston Food Tank Summit. This two-day event will feature more than three dozen different speakers from the food and agriculture field. Researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students will come together for discussions on diverse topics. The theme for the Summit is Investing in Discovery.
This is the second event in our 2017 Food Tank Summit Series, which will bring together some of the world’s most impactful food system leaders. Last year, the Food Tank Summits sold out and drew in more than 31,300 livestream viewers. This is a can’t miss event for 2017!
Confirmed Speakers (many more to be announced soon!):
- Lauren Abda, Founder, Branchfood
- Jody Adams, Chef and Co-owner, Trade Restaurant
- Julian Agyeman, Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tufts University
- Patricia Baker, Senior Policy Analyst, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
- Ian Brady, Co-Founder & CEO, AVA
- Sara Burnett, Director of Wellness and Food Policy, Panera Bread
- Matthew Dillon, Director of Agricultural Policy & Programs, Clif Bar
- Jess Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Ethics and Global Food & Agriculture, Johns Hopkins University
- Oliver Gottfried, Senior Campaign Strategist, Oxfam America
- Timothy Griffin, Director, Agriculture, Food and Environment Program, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Tamar Haspel, Columnist, The Washington Post
- Wendy Kubota, Director of Communications, Nature’s Path Foods
- William Masters, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
- Congressman Jim McGovern, U.S. Congress (D-MA)
- Brad McNamara, CEO & Co-Founder, Freight Farms
- Monique Mikhail, Senior Campaign Strategist, Greenpeace
- Danielle Nierenberg, President, Food Tank
- Dariush Mozaffarian, Dean, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Kimbal Musk, Chef and Co-Founder, The Kitchen
- Councilor Ayanna Pressley, City Councilor At-Large, Boston City Council
- Doug Rauch, Founder and President, Daily Table
- Ruth Richardson, Executive Director, Global Alliance for the Future of Food
- Lindsey Shute, Executive Director and Co-Founder, National Young Farmers Coalition
- Matt Tortora, Co-Founder & CEO, Crave Food Services Inc
- Paul Willis, Rancher and Founder, Niman Ranch Pork Company
- Parke Wilde, Associate Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.
- Norbert Wilson, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.
- Tim Wise, Land and Food Rights Program Director, Small Planet Institute and Senior Research Fellow, Global Development and Environment Institute at Tufts University
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
Not-for-profits post their events for free.
We ask businesses to pay $5 per event, but waive that fee as a benefit for advertisers.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here's the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there's a problem!
Please go ahead and submit your event — if you are a business, we will be in touch about your $5 fee. Or you can go ahead and pay your $5 fee via PayPal.