- This event has passed.
Memory Skills for Productivity
July 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$145.00
My promise is to give the audience added confidence and productivity in remembering names, objects, lists
- Discuss the history of Memory Skills (Mnemonics)
- Describe interesting and humorous facts about the Brain and Memory
- Show how to remember names through Active Listening, Name Manipulation
- Face Distortion, and Association
- Teach how to use Acronyms and Acrostics to remember a moderate amount of facts
- Demonstrate how to link and remember 10 objects by telling a story
- Teach how to remember multiple things by taking a journey through places you already know
- Introduce a method for remembering a string of numbers up to 20
- Show how to remember a list from-start-to-finish, and back again-as well as remembering any item in between
Why should you Attend: No matter how hard we try, our memories will diminish with time. By the time someone reaches the age of 80, up to 20% of nerve cells will have expired. If you are a “Boomer” or even Gen-X, it is important that you be prepared for the “Rest-0f-Your-Life”.
My promise is to give the audience added confidence and productivity in remembering names, objects, lists, and numbers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How to remember names through Active Listening & Association
- Does a Left-Handed or Right-Handed person have a better memory?
- How to link objects for quick and easy recall
- What is a Reminiscence Bump?
- What does the acronym HOMES stand for?
- How to remember 20 numbers in 5 minutes
- What causes memory loss of the previous evening’s events?
- How to remember a list from-front-to-back, and in between, too
- If your brain was Hard Drive Storage, how many GBs would it have?
Who Will Benefit:
- Every person that is required to remember names, items, lists, numbers, and minutia in today’s fast paced age of information
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
Not-for-profits post their events for free.
We ask businesses to pay $5 per event, but waive that fee as a benefit for advertisers.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here's the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there's a problem!
Please go ahead and submit your event — if you are a business, we will be in touch about your $5 fee. Or you can go ahead and pay your $5 fee via PayPal.