An 80-year-old Jamaica Plain man is in serious condition at Brigham & Women's Hospital after firefighters pulled him unconscious from a blaze.
Firefighters rushed to 104 Bynner St. at 1:48 a.m. Saturday for the two-alarm fire, according to Steve MacDonald of the Boston Fire Department. Everyone on the second floor got out safely, he said.
One firefighter suffered an eye injury. He was taken to a hospital and released, MacDonald said.
The fire appears to have started on the first floor of the two-family house, in the rear. Careless disposal of smoking materials is the suspected cause, MacDonald said.
The home suffered an estimated $400,000 in damages.