The JP Music Festival is getting ready for our 4th annual event, which will take place on Saturday, September 6, 2014 from 12 noon to 7 PM at Pinebank Field.
The JP Music Festival is a free community event produced by a volunteer group of residents (Rick Berlin, Kellie Cardone, Justin McCarthy, Charles McEnerney, Shamus Moynihan, David Mueller, and Margie Nicoll) who want to bring the music of great JP musicians to the neighborhood we love so much.
In 2013, with 22 acts, five food trucks, and activities for kids, the Boston Park Rangers estimated that more than 4,000 people attended over the course of the afternoon.
The JP Music Festival gives dozens of musicians the opportunity to perform for and gain new fans, for children to create and play instruments, and for Jamaica Plain and Boston to come together as a community and celebrate something we all love: music!
The festival is free for all to attend, but costs $35,000 to produce (including sound system and stage rentals, audio engineers, permits, printing, merchandise production, bike racks, etc.). Though the musicians perform for free and we get a ton of support from Jamaica Plain businesses and event-attendees, we are seeking help from JP to help us reach our goal by July 31, 2014.
The festival raises funds through a mix of activities:
1) Our 2014 major sponsors are: Galway House, JP Licks, Tres Gatos, Bukhara Indian Bistro, The Midway, JP Seafood, Sam Adams, The Goods, and The Haven. Goal of $12,000 achieved!
2) House parties, and major gifts: Goal: $5,000; underway.
3) Fundraisers throughout the year at local live music spots like The Midway, James’s Gate, Tres Gatos, etc.: Goal of $6,000; underway.
4) Food trucks fee for day-of the JP Music Festival: $2,000.
We have run successful campaigns over our first three years. This year our goal is $10,000, using the Boston-based crowd-funding site, Fundraise.com.
Reaching this goal will help us produce the JP Music Festival again this September.
Make your donation today http://bit.ly/JPMF2014
You can also:
1) Send a check made out to JP Music Festival to PO Box 300346, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
2) Donate via PayPal at email@example.com
The JP Music Festival is a charitable 501c3 organization, incorporated in Massachusetts. Your donation is tax-deductible. If you donate through fundraise.com, you’ll receive a receipt from Fundraise.com for your 2014 taxes.