Construction of Casey overpass in 1952 or 1953. Photograph courtesy of Ed Barrett.
This is a view of construction of the Casey Overpass in 1952 or 1953, taken by Ed Barrett. This has been a big week for demolition of the overpass, of course, as sections of the bridge over Washington Street were removed during night work.
Here are previous "Throwback Thursday" photos featuring construction of the Casey Overpass:
- Throwback Thursday Photo of the Day: Casey Overpass Under Construction
- Throwback Thursday Photo of the Day: Casey Overpass Under Construction II
- Throwback Thursday Photo of the Day: Casey and the El
Each weekday we post a random image from around the neighborhood. For our Photo of the Day on Thursdays, we'll highlight an image of old JP, usually from the online archives of the Jamaica Plain Historical Society.
The Historical Society's photo archive is a neighborhood treasure. Please visit it!
If you have a photo that screams (or even whispers) "Jamaica Plain," here are three ways to nominate it as our "Photo of the Day":
- Email me at chris@jamaicaplainnews
- Tag a picture on Twitter with @02130News
- Put your photo in the Jamaica Plain News photo pool on Flickr