State Sen. Sonia Chang-Díaz has announced neighborhood office hours for the spring of 2017. Office hours, held by Chang-Díaz and her staff, will take place within each of the neighborhoods of the Second Suffolk District.
Chang-Díaz encourages any resident or interested party to attend and discuss any community, regional, or statewide issue of concern. Office hours will be held at the following times and locations. Please note that there are both morning and evening office hours.
1. Roxbury – Wednesday, June 7, 9-10 am, Haley House, 12 Dade Street, Roxbury. Description: Grab your morning coffee with Roxbury Liaison Escarolyn Garcia to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
2. Roslindale – Thursday, June 8, 5-6 pm, Roslindale Branch Library, 4246 Washington St, Roslindale. Description: Meet with Chang-Díaz and her Roslindale Liaison, Escarolyn Garcia, to discuss issues in the neighborhood and what’s happening at the State House.
3. Mission Hill – Thursday, June 8, 6-7 pm, J.P. Licks, 1618 Tremont Street, One Brigham Circle, Boston. Description: Pick up your ice cream or coffee, and then talk through neighborhood updates with Mission Hill Liaison & Communications Manager Joshua Wolfsun.
4. Jamaica Plain – Sunday, June 11, 1-2:30 pm, Arnold Arboretum Walking Tour, Meet at Visitor’s Center, 125 Arborway, Boston. Description: Join JP Liaison and Legislative Director Jessie Zimmerer for a guided walking tour around the Arnold Arboretum. Get some sunshine, learn about the beautiful plant life, and talk about what’s going in the neighborhood.
5. Dorchester – Tuesday, June 13, 1:30-3:30 pm, Senior Line Dancing Class, BCYF Grove Hall Senior Center, 51 Geneva Ave, Boston. Description: Get your groove on with Legislative Director Jessie Zimmerer, and discuss community issues before and after the line dancing class.
6. Mattapan – Tuesday, June 13, 5:30-6:30 pm, Mattapan Branch Library, 1350 Blue Hill Ave, Boston. Description: Meet with Legislative Director Jessie Zimmerer to get State House updates and discuss what’s going on in the neighborhood.
7. South End – Wednesday June 14, 5-6 pm, IBA, 100 W Dedham St, Boston. Description: Join Chang-Díaz and her Legislative Aide, Ernesto Reyes Hernandez, to talk about issues facing Massachusetts and what’s going on in the neighborhood.
Those who cannot attend these office hours can contact Chang-Díaz’s office at 617-722-1673, email Sonia.Chang-Diaz@masenate.gov, or stop by her State House office, located in Room 111 on the first floor of the State House for assistance.
Any questions regarding the Senator’s office hours can be directed to her Communications Manager, Joshua Wolfsun, at 617-722-1673 or Joshua.Wolfsun@masenate.gov.