State Sen. Sonia Chang-Díaz has announced neighborhood office hours for the spring of 2017. Office hours, held by Sen. Chang-Díaz and her staff, will take place within each of the neighborhoods of the Second Suffolk District, including in Jamaica Plain on Sept. 28th.
Chang-Díaz encourages any resident or interested party to attend and discuss any community, regional, or statewide issue of concern. Office hours will be held at the following times and locations. Please note that there are both morning and evening office hours.
- Mattapan – Saturday, September 16, 10-11 am, Mattapan Square Farmers’ Market, 525 River Street, Mattapan. Description: Enjoy all the Farmers Market has to offer with Legislative Director Jessie Zimmerer and discuss what’s going on in the neighborhood.
- Hyde Park – Monday, September 18, 9-10 am, Fuente de Vida, 130 Bradlee St, Hyde Park. Description: Meet with Legislative Aide Ernesto Reyes Hernandez to discuss local issues and get updates on what’s happening at the State House.
- Dorchester – Tuesday, September 19, 1:30-3 pm, Senior Line Dancing Class, BCYF Grove Hall Senior Center, 51 Geneva Ave, Boston, MA 02121. Description: Get your groove on with Legislative Director Jessie Zimmerer and discuss community issues before and after the line dancing class.
- Mission Hill – Tuesday, September 19, 6-7 pm, J.P. Licks, 1618 Tremont Street, One Brigham Circle, Mission Hill. Description: Pick up your ice cream or coffee, and then talk through neighborhood updates with Mission Hill Liaison & Communications Manager Joshua Wolfsun.
- Roxbury – Wednesday, September 20, 9-10 am, Haley House, 12 Dade Street, Roxbury, MA 02119. Description: Grab your morning coffee with Roxbury Liaison Escarolyn Garcia to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
- South End – Thursday, September 21, 9-10 am, South End Public Library, 685 Tremont Street, South End. Description: Pick up your weekend page-turner and meet Legislative Aide Ernesto Reyes Hernandez to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
- Jamaica Plain – Thursday, September 28, 5:30-6:30 pm, Loring-Greenough House Lawn, 12 South Street, Jamaica Plain. Description: Join Sen. Chang-Díaz at Thursdays on the Lawn to talk about issues in the neighborhood and what’s going on at the State House.
Those who cannot attend these office hours can contact Chang-Díaz’s office at 617-722-1673, email Sonia.Chang-Diaz@masenate.gov, or stop by her State House office, located in Room 111 on the first floor of the State House for assistance.
Any questions regarding the Senator’s office hours can be directed to her Communications Manager, Joshua Wolfsun, at 617-722-1673 or Joshua.Wolfsun@masenate.gov.