The very popular Screen on the Green returns next week, June 7, to the Loring-Greenough House as part of First Thursdays ArtWalk -- and the food trucks are back, too!
During First Thursdays ArtWalk, local artists have their works displayed at Centre and South streets businesses. The artists are often at the businesses and refreshments are usually being offered. The displayed art is usually for sale, too.
Screen on the Green is a super kid-friendly event that takes place on the lawn of the Loring-Greenough House with a large outdoor screen, and is hosted by JP Centre/South Main Streets.
This month's movie is "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle," which starts 6:30 pm. Weather permitting, movies are shown every first Thursday of the month from June to October. Also, every Thursday through October is Thursdays on the Lawn with vendors, food trucks, music and more. These events are all free and open to the public.
The following is this year's Screen on the Green schedule. All movies start at 6:30 pm:
- June 7: "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" -- sponsored by The Muncey Group Real Estate.
- July 12: "Some Like it Hot" -- sponsored by Xfinity from Comcast. (This event is delayed one week, due to the Independence Day holiday.)
- August 2: "Mary Poppins" -- sponsored by Xfinity from Comcast.
- September 6: "Black Panther" -- sponsored by The Muncey Group Real Estate.
- October 4: "Coco" - sponsored by Xfinity from Comcast.