Soooo we got a little excited about Jamaica Plain's First Thursday last week -- so much that we said it was last Thursday -- the last Thursday in May. But we promise First Thursday is happening this Thursday! June's First Thursday will include the ArtWalk among South and Centre streets businesses, beer and wine tastings, a movie screening on the Loring-Greenough House's lawn, food trucks and more.
Screen on the Green is a super kid-friendly event that takes place on the lawn of the Loring-Greenough House with a large outdoor screen, and is hosted by JP Centre/South Main Streets.
This month's movie is "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle," which starts 6:30 pm. Weather permitting, movies are shown every first Thursday of the month from June to October.
Here is a list of participating ArtWalk businesses and what is being offered, including a Turtle Swamp Brewing tasting, art exhibition, free massages and more. ArtWalk is free and open to the public.
City Feed and Supply (672 Centre St.)
- 7% Community Day for Bikes Not Bombs all day
- First Thursday Tastings 6 - 8 pm
Loring-Greenough House (12 South St.)
- Thursdays on the Lawn @ Loring Greenough 3:30 pm - 8:30 pm (please see above for info)
Hatched (668 Centre St.)
- Art exhibit - Ellen Pierce
Fire Opal (683 Centre St.)
- Turtle Swamp Brewing beer tastings
McCormack & Scanlan (68 South St.)
- Handcrafted items by Chris Meli and Ian Meli
FOCUS Real Estate (34 South St.)
Aviary (48 South St.)
- Aviary Gallery presents: Self Composed 6 - 9 pm
Unlimited Sotheby's International Realty (673 Centre St.)
- Artist Reception: Catherine Zimmerman 6 - 8 pm
Coldwell Banker (713 Centre St.)
- Artist Reception: Ruth LaGue 5 - 8 pm
Fresh Hair Salon (62 South St.)
- Lauren Hannah White Art Opening, Massage, and Product Sampling 6 - 8 pm
Jamaica Plain Branch Library (30 South St.)
- Dulcimer Concert 6:30 - 7:30 pm
JP Centre/South Main Streets and Loring-Greenough House (12 South St.)
- Screen on the Green6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
The Jeanie Johnston Pub (144 South St.)
- Soul & Country Music 9 pm - midnight
Also, don't forget -- every Thursday through October is Thursdays on the Lawn with vendors, food trucks, music and more. These events are all free and open to the public.