Thank you to all who helped with the Arborway Hillside Volunteer Woodland Care Day on July 14. We had a great turnout and cleared a large amount of invasive plants from the path and trees (two truckloads!).
We met new neighbors and volunteers from JP and beyond, distributed Arborway Coalition reusable bags and enjoyed "BYO Bag" cupcakes!
Special thanks to:
- Arnold Arboretum & Sue Pfeiffer;
- Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Ellen Arnstein & Richard Stroshane;
- Our Arborway Hillside steering committee, who handled logistics and outreach: Ann & Jim Stillman, Clay Harper, Sue Pfeiffer
- Celeste Walker for help with outreach
- Everyone who helped: many hands truly made light work.
The Arborway Hillside is across the main Arborway from the Arnold Arboretum, between the main parkway and the residential road, with entrances to a footpath across from St. Rose Street and near Hampstead Road. It is a unique place -- an urban forest on the neighborhood side of the Arborway with views into the Arboretum. It is one of just two parts of the Emerald Necklace on the neighborhood side of the parkway. The other is Franklin Park, the cornerstone of the Emerald Necklace.
This gem is now a bit shinier! Thanks again to all who helped.