December 1 is going to be a busy day along Centre and South streets in Jamaica Plain. There will be two tree lightings with Mayor Walsh, a JP Library Book Sale and a Boston Symphony Orchestra performance and more across the area.
The 23rd Annual Mayor's Enchanted Trolley Tour are tree lightings are taking place from Nov. 30 through Dec. 2. The trolley will be stopping in Hyde Square at 1:45 pm and at the JP Monument at 2:30 pm. At both stops, Mayor Marty Walsh will be lighting holiday trees.
But wait, there's a lot more holiday happenings on Saturday!
- Throughout the day JP Local First is sponsoring Shop with a Cause.
- There will be a Boston Symphony Orchestra in Residence performance at the First Baptist Church at 1 pm.
- The Loring-Greenough House will be hosting a holiday open house all day
- There will be a JP Branch Library Book Sale from 10 am to 4 pm
- There will be a Holiday Crafts Fair at The First Church of Jamaica Plain (6 Eliot St.) from 11 am to 5 pm.