- This event has passed.
Form I 9 Compliance By Kristin Robinson
December 12, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$159
Don't spend another day worrying that you and your organization might end up in legal trouble from immigration law violations. The crucial information provided in this one-hour webinar will give you the knowledge and know-how needed to ensure your documentation is filled out appropriately, your records are kept correctly and your organization is legally compliant.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Immigration law is one of the most pertinent and publicized issues in the United States right now. Businesses across all industries and of all sizes are being affected. More than ever before, the courts are penalizing organizations like yours — and people like you — for failing to comply with complex and ever-changing immigration regulations.
It can be difficult to keep up with all of the most current information concerning immigration regulations, including the most recent employment verification rules and I-9 form changes. During this webinar we’ll cover all of the basics as well as the best practices you’ll need to know to stay in compliance!
- Why it's critical to undertake an internal audit of your I-9 records now
- The penalties for I-9 forms missing signatures, dates or box checkmarks
- How to properly correct I-9 form errors
- Mandatory time frames for completing each section of the I-9
- When a new hire must provide you with his/her social security number
- Tips for properly verifying employee eligibility through documentation
- Options for re-verifying information or updating re-hire information in Section 3
- Which documents are required by the new I-9 for verifying identity and work eligibility
- Strategies to avoid becoming personally liable for signing the I-9
WHO WILL BENEFIT
HR professionals, managers and supervisors, small business owners and anyone who is responsible for hiring and ensuring employment verification compliance.
Organizations across the country are suffering the consequences of innocent mistakes made with regard to employment verification and other immigration laws. This webinar will cover all of the basics and best practices you’ll need to know to stay in full compliance with federal immigration laws and avoid costly fines and violations.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
Not-for-profits post their events for free.
We ask businesses to pay $5 per event, but waive that fee as a benefit for advertisers.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here's the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there's a problem!
Please go ahead and submit your event — if you are a business, we will be in touch about your $5 fee. Or you can go ahead and pay your $5 fee via PayPal.