- This event has passed.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Records Retention and Destruction
July 24, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm$159 – $199
Employers have lots of information on their employees – from social security numbers to disciplinary records. It is impossible to keep everything indefinitely. Destroying documents too soon, however, will inevitably lead to serious consequences. When can you destroy documents safely and legally?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
The process of organizing, saving, and destroying company records can be confusing even for a seasoned professional. Save too many files, and your company will pay unnecessary storage fees. Accidentally destroy certain information and you could be vulnerable to costly fines with the DOL or unprepared in the event of a lawsuit. Courts are increasingly issuing significant fines against companies that have destroyed documents that were relevant to the litigation. Sometimes courts even enter default judgments in particularly egregious cases. How do you protect your company?
- Keys to solving record retention issues: what’s required by law
- How to determine a record’s retention & storage period
- Tips for a strong electronic record retention program
- Paper vs. paperless: how your retention obligations change
- Establish policies for electronic records: Email, IM, & Web content
- What records should be kept when an employee leaves?
Learn how to maintain a recordkeeping policy to meet your business needs and comply with your legal obligations. Learn about litigation holds and when they are necessary.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Human resource managers
- Recordkeeping personnel
- Informational technology professionals
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Please be sure to include your email address so we can reach you in case there's a problem!