Built in 1832, Eliot Hall is finally fully accessible. "We are thrilled to announce that The Footlight’s efforts to make our beloved Eliot Hall accessible are complete," wrote Katie Swimm, The Footlight Club's Director of Development on its Facebook page. "After many years of fundraising, grant-writing, planning, building, and we cannot wait to celebrate this wonderful achievement." There is now an exterior accessible ramp, a new elevator that reaches from the basement to stage levels, and new spaces for storage. Eliot Hall was actually scheduled for demolition before Footlight Club members purchased it in 1889, according to wikipedia.