The History of 3326 Washington Street: The Turnpike School from 1851

From looking at the old J.P. Auto Glass building at 3326 Washington St., one wouldn't think that the building is from the 1850s. A development company has applied to demolish a Washington Street property. But before that happens, let's learn about the history of the building. The following article was first published on Historic Boston Incorporated, and an earlier version was published on the Jamaica Plain Historical Society page. It is being republished on Jamaica Plain News with permission from HBI.

1,911 Views