- This event has passed.
2023 Kite & Bike Festival
May 20 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, May 20th from 12:00-4:00 pm
Franklin Park Playstead, 25 Pierpont Road, Dorchester, MA 02121
It’s opening day in Franklin Park! Don’t miss out on this 50-year-old tradition.
- Bikes to try for younger kids with Countdown to Kindergarten
- Make a kite with Kite Team Haiti, buy one, or bring your own!
- Bicycle repair station by REI
- Free bike helmets from Children’s Hospital
- Food trucks
Biking, walking, and transit are encouraged! Parking is limited.
- By Bus: MBTA bus #16 stops at the main park entrance on Blue Hill Avenue, while the #22, #24, and #49 stop at Seaver Street & Humboldt Ave or Seaver & Elm Hill Ave entrances.
- By T: Take the Orange Line T Station to Green Street or Forest Hills station. Click here for detailed walking directions and map.
- By Bike: Click here for detailed biking directions and map. BlueBike Stations: @Franklin Park Zoo – Franklin Park Rd at Blue Hill Ave and @Seaver St at Humboldt Ave
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Please be sure to include your email address so we can reach you in case there's a problem!