Banned in Boston
May 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$250
Banned in Boston, the annual comedy and music revue hosted by WGBH's Margery Eagan and Jim Braude, is Rehearsal for Life’s signature fundraising event. For one-night-only, local Boston celebrities, media personalities, politicians, and business, arts and community leaders rally together to put on a show of hilarity, musical satire and skits.
The show supports Rehearsal for Life’s Urban Improv program using theater as a vehicle for social change. Since 1992, the interactive program has engaged over 75,000 young people at more than 125 schools and community groups.
Urban Improv’s structured improvisational theater workshops are designed to strengthen social and emotional (SEL) skills and help students deal creatively with real-life challenges through dialogue and performance.
- Andrea Campbell, President, Boston City Council
- Anita Walker, Executive Director, Massachusetts Cultural Council
- Carol Fulp, President and CEO, The Partnership
- Christoph Westphal, M.D./Ph.D., Founder, Longwood Fund
- Corey Thomas, President and CEO, Rapid 7
- David Fialkow, Co-founder, General Catalyst
- David Howse, Executive Director, Arts Emerson
- Emily Rooney, Host and Exec. Editor, “Greater Boston”
- JC Monahan, Evening News Anchor, NBC10 Boston
- Jenny Johnson, Exec. Producer and Co-host, NESN’s “Dining Playbook"
- Jill Medvedow, Ellen Poss Director, Institute of Contemporary Art
- Jim McGovern, US Congressman
- Kathy St. George, Actor and Singer
- Kevin Tabb, M.D., President & CEO, Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Kristina Lyons, Owner, Portobello Road, LLC
- Linda Dorcena-Forry, Vice President, Diversity, Inclusion & Community, Suffolk Construction
- Lisa Pierpont, Editor-in-Chief, Boston Common magazine
- Maggie Seelig, Real Estate Advisor and Broker Founder MSGroup
- Mark Linehan, Actor and Singer
- Marlo Fogelman, Principal, marlo marketing
- Matt Siegel, Host, KISS 108’s “Matty in the Morning”
- Michael Maso, Managing Director, Huntington Theatre Company
- Robert Rivers, Chairman and CEO, Eastern Bank
- Ron Druker, President, The Druker Company, Ltd
- Patrick Lyons, Owner, The Lyons Group
- Ray Magliozzi, Host, NPR’s “Car Talk"
- Sally Taylor, Musician, Artist
- Sam Kennedy, President and CEO The Boston Red Sox
- Shirley Leung, Interim Editorial Page Editor, The Boston Globe
- Sonia Chang-Diaz, State Senator
- Steve Conine, Chairman, Wayfair
- Vanessa Kerry, M.D., Co-founder, Seed Global Health
Cocktail Reception & Chefs' Tasting:
- The Automatic Bar
- Blue Frog Bakery
- Bully Boy Distillers
- Eastern Standard
- The James Pub & Provisions
- JP Seafood/Evergreen
- La Morra
- Michael's Deli
- Middlesex Lounge
- Roxy's Grilled Cheese
- Scarlet Oak Tavern
- Smoke Shop/Tremont 647
About Rehearsal for Life
In 2017, the Freelance Players and Urban Improv were brought together under the umbrella name Rehearsal for Life, unifying the programs in their continued commitment to using theater as a vehicle for social change. Rehearsal for Life’s mission is to strengthen young people’s social and emotional skills for every stage in life, though dialogue, creativity and performance. To learn more about Rehearsal for Life or to support the organization and its programs, visit www.rehearsalforlife.org.
The Jamaica Plain News calendar is open to all local organizations and businesses.
We examine all submissions after they go live. Here’s the form to add your event. Please be sure to include contact information so we can reach you in case there’s a problem!