The next-to-last First Thursday Artwalk of the season is here. And it’s massive. Here’s a map and guide to the festivities, which will draw thousands of people to central JP from 5-9 p.m. Thursday.
The basic concept is that businesses all up and down the Centre/South corridor host art exhibits, concerts, food tastings, etc. It’s a JP tradition that is organized by Centre/South Main Streets.
The Thursday, Sept. 4 edition boasts more than 40 venues, as you can see from the attached map. If the map isn’t loading on your device, try this link.
Part of the fun of the Artwalk is finding things that will surprise you, but here are a few highlights:
- “Canadian Bacon” pop-up restaurant at Blue Frog Bakery, 3 Green St.
- Concert by Gunpowder Gelatine, an all-female Queen tribute band, 12 South St.
- Boston Handmade trunkshow at Stephanie Cave Designs, 7 Green St.
- Free outdoor screening of Wes Anderson’s “The Royal Tenenbaums,” 12 South St.
- Concert by Love Love at City Feed, 672 Centre St.
- Grand opening of new location and “Ca$h Mob” at Hatched, 668 Centre St.
- See On Centre Boutique’s new digs, 676 Centre St.
Whew. That’s a big list. And it just scratches the surface. Now here’s that map: